RSS
This nice dating theme is compatible with WordPress 2.8, ready for threaded comments come with WP 2.8, and tested on various major web browsers. For better usability, we integrated the widely.
ads

Setting Up a Junior Football Team

Friday, August 14, 2009

Football Blog

Are you thinking of starting a junior football team but are unsure about how to proceed? I have recently set up such a team for the age group of under sevens and in this article I will give advice as to what is involved in the way of organisation etc.

My name is Stephen Hill and I have a son who is six years of age. I have been taking him to train with a football team for the last two months. He is however too young to play in the matches for this team which greatly annoys him as he loves his football.

A couple of weeks ago the manager of the team asked if I would be willing to start up a new team which would start playing in the league next year, this team would be for my sons age group. I was very happy that I had been asked but did not have the first idea about how to run such a team. I agreed that I would run the team but stated that I would need a lot of help in the organisation of it. This manager agreed to show me the ropes as such.

The first thing I needed to do was to seek help from other people as it would be virtually impossible for me to do it on my own. I asked around the parents of children in my childs class and explained what I was hoping to do, I was pleasantly surprised by the support shown. I soon had around five people who were happy to help with the training and on match days.

I was now starting to enjoy myself as I was starting to meet lots of new people and was aware that I was doing something good for the lads at this school including my own son of course.

I then had to think about a venue or gym where this team could hold its training sessions. My first port of call would be the school itself as it is their children who are going to play in the team. The school seemed to love the idea and agreed that I could use their school hall once a week. They also seem interested in sponsoring the team, this is where they have the name of the school on the football kit in return for supplying items such as the kit, balls, goals and cones. This sponsorship is still being discussed.

Finding children to play in the team was the next task, this however was very simple and my son himself found a number of players from his numerous friends.

When we train the emphasis is on having fun. At this age we do not concentrate too much on tactical awareness but more on the enjoyment of the game and getting used to such skills as trapping and passing the ball.

I am not trying to suggest it is easy to set up a new junior football team but it is very rewarding and is a great way of meeting new people.

Stephen Hill helps to promote a number of websites including:

cheap phone calls

stuttering advice

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steve_Hill


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment